The Earth and Planets team is a partner in the Equipex+ eDiamant programme, led by physicists from ENS-Saclay.
This spintronics project focuses on the development of nitrogen-lacunar diamonds (NV diamonds) that can be used as microscopic magnetic sensors.
CEREGE will be equipped with a wide-field NV magnetometer as part of this project. This type of instrument, also known as a Quantum Diamond Microscope, is currently only available in a very limited number of laboratories around the world. This project will allow us to remain at the forefront of the instrumental competition for the study of rock magnetism.
2022-2027: CoG Dispersal (ERC)
Head of CEREGE:
A magnetic microscope using nitrogen-lacunar centred diamonds to perform magnetic imaging at the micrometer scale
- École Normale Supérieure Paris-Saclay
- Paris-Saclay University
- University of Versailles-Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
- Sorbonne Paris Nord University
- University of Rennes 1
- University of Lorraine
- Aix Marseille University
- National Engineering School of Caen
- National Centre for Scientific Research
- French Atomic Energy and Alternative Energies Commission
- Thales Aerospace, space, security