PANISS platform tools
- A mass spectrometer (Delta V Plus, Thermo Scientific) connected to 1 automated carbonate preparation line (Carbonates Device Kiel IV, Thermo Scientific).
This automated line connected to the mass spectrometer allows the measurement of13C and d180 with a very high accuracy of micro-samples (20-150 µg) of carbonates
- An IRIS laser spectrometer (Delta Ray) with URI Connect, Thermo Scientific).
It allows measurements δ13C and δ18O on carbonate samples ≥ 200-550 μg and CO2 continuously and it also allows measurements δ13C on Inorganic Carbon Dissolved in Water.
Clumped isotopes Carbonates
- A mass spectrometer (MAT253 Plus, Thermo Scientific) connected to 1 automated carbonate preparation line (Carbonates Device Kiel IV, Thermo Scientific).
This automated line connected to the mass spectrometer allows the measurement of ∆47 and ∆48 with a very high accuracy of samples (100-1000 µg) of carbonates
- A silicate oxygen fluorination-laser-IRMS line, with BrF5 and CO2 infrared laser (CO2-laser 30W).
This line, connected to the mass spectrometer, allows the extraction of oxygen from silicates and oxides and the measurement of the triple oxygen composition of silicate and oxide samples (silicates, biogenic silicates and (micro)meteorites) from 0.3 to 2 mg
- A dehydration line under nitrogen flow and at very high temperature (1100°C). It allows the dehydroxylation of amorphous hydrated silica samples prior to their analysis by fluorination-laser-IRMS
- A Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy (CRDS) laser spectrometer, Picarro L2140-i
It allows very high accuracy measurements of δD, δ17O and δ18O on 2 ml water samples and on water vapour.
- A continuous flow mass spectrometer (Delta V Plus, Thermo Scientific), connected by an interface (ConFlo IV) to an elemental analyser (Flash EA IsoLink CN, SmartEA option) and a gas chromatograph (GC 1310-Isolink II) equipped with an autosampler (Triplus RSH).
Allows measurements of δ13C and the δ15N of powders and measurements of δD and δ13C of organic molecules separated by gas chromatography.