My research focuses on reconstructing climate from marine sediment archives on sub-orbital to orbital timescales during key intervals of the Cenozoic using a multi-proxy approach.
- investigating paleoproductivity and temperature forcing on orbital timescales in the tropical oceans.
- integrating geochemical and biotic (coccolithophore) records in order to improve our understanding of the alkenone accumulation signal and its relationship to past primary productivity variations.
- investigating sea surface conditions and variability during the Plio-Pleistocene intensification of northern hemisphere glaciation.
- understanding the magnitude, causes and implications of late Miocene sea surface cooling (~10-5 Ma).
- reconstructing paleoceanographic variability in the Indian monsoon region on orbital to tectonic timescales during the Neogene.
- Understanding past coccolithophore evolution and its relationship to climate.